How to Grow your Audience
Fashion Blogging is not easy. From an outside perspective, people might think blogging is a waste of time and that no one reads blogs. Let me tell you that there is a huge community of bloggers and readers; you just have to put yourself out there. However, this is easier said than done.
If you would like to learn one way to grow your audience on your blog and Instagram, keep reading
Since 2015, I have been struggling with “putting myself out there.” I am happy to state that I have come a long way and I don’t beat myself up too much with my progression. I understand that I do have a full time job commitment, plus I was a part time student on top of my blogging. Blogging is a great hobby to pick up! If it is for you, I encourage you to do it!
For more tips, check out my How To Fashion Blog series – ‘Fashion Blogging For Beginners: The Mistakes I Made Starting My Fashion Blog.’ In this post I am going to talk about how:
– I did not stay active and post enough content
Growing your Audience
What’s the real story here?
For years I’ve been listening to bloggers who give advice and one of the tips they commonly share is that fact that you need to post regularly and you need to post quality content. In fact, this is something that I’ve needing to improve on for a long time due to that fact that school and work always dictates my blogging.
I decided to write a post about this issue in particular because I am currently away from home in Alabama going through my Advance Leadership Course. I am so busy; I can’t seem to find the time for Instagram or my blog and the numbers show. My audience does not grow!
When I don’t post regularly on Instagram or my Blog:
– I get less likes/ comments than usual
– I don’t keep a strong presence on my platforms by putting myself out there though comments and likes so I get less engagement
– I honestly see how many true followers I actually have
– I don’t have new content to share so I fall behind on my fashion ideas
– When I try to set a trend, everyone has already beaten you to the punch!
Should you post regularly?
Yes, because your followers get used to your postings, they are eager to see what you have next! Your fashion sense and inspiring posts is the reason why they follow you and they expect to see more. If you choose to stay out of the game for too long, there is a chance you will loose some of your following, hence your audience will not grow
Do some of feel like you loose followers by frequently posting? I know I do. It’s a strategy that I still feel like I am trying to master but you should always pay attention to what your followers like. Its true, “content is key.” It’s not the only thing you need for a successful blog or Instagram but it plays a huge part in it.
Do you guys have any thoughts or experience to share of this subject? I’d love to hear it!
Get the Apps!
Let me share with you some of the apps I like to use to help my Instagram content stay consistent. Here are the three I am currently using:
- Planoly- This is a great app, I use it before I post anything into my IG. It allows you to see how the content flows before you share it.
- Snapseed- To edit my photos so that they are consistent in theme
- Notes- This app is to pre write out my hashtags before I post my content
Other apps that I’ve used in the past and I like:
Apps I use in general:
- it- Shop other blogger’s outfits
- RetailMeNot- it’s a great shopping app, that will show you what stores have sales and discount codes.
To wrap things up, I hope that this post was accommodating in helping you out with your blogging endeavors. I enjoy sharing my experience to help others and in a way it helps my blogging outlook as well. If you would like to share your blogging experiences, feel free to leave a comment!
Keep working for your goals and challenge yourself!